The Schools for New York's Future Act of 2005
CFE and a coalition of organizations formed a task force and drafted a bill that would transform the court's New York City-focused order into visionary statewide school funding legislation.
Sound Basic Education Task Force Proposals
Today's Students, Tomorrow's Citizens: Preparing Students for Civic Engagement, Spring 2003.
In Evidence: Policy Reports from the CFE Trial
- Proven Practices: "More Time on Task" Benefits Students At Risk, Volume 5, February 2002
- Teacher Quality Matters, Volume 4, December 2001
- Special Report: The Trial Court's Decision, Volume 3, January 2001
- Reforming New York State's Flawed School Finance System, Volume 2, November 2000
- Setting the Standard for a Sound Basic Education, Volume 1, October 2000
Running on Empty:High Standards and Missing Resources in New York City Public Schools, March 1999
Parents from across the state march on the Capitol in Albany to show support for CFE.
CFE v. State of New York
In 2006, after 13 years in the Courts, the New York State Court of Appeals affirmed the right of every public school student in New York to the opportunity for a sound basic education and the state’s responsibility to adequately fund this right, but deferred to the Governor and the Legislature to determine the appropriate amount. more >